[thechat] cheap head set for mobile phone

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 20 12:30:53 CDT 2001

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Jabra head sets for
cell phones, but they are really good. They generally run about UD$40
-50 for the one with the integrated mic/earpiece.

I bought one for my Nokia 8260, but it turned out to be the wrong one
(they make one specifically for the 8200/8800 series phones), so I
gave it to a buddy of mine with a StarTac and he loves it.

Anyway, I've got a couple road trips coming up, and wanted a better
head set than the one I got with the phone so I started looking.
Turns out Amazon has them for US$9.99 (that's $30 or 75% off).

I ordered one - should ship tomorrow.

If you want a really great head set for your phone, I'd recommend
this one. At this price, I really recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004W6V9/

(btw - I think they have the wrong picture.)

Jabra is at http://www.jabra.com/

Use your phone safely!

(Oh, and UK listers? Yeah...I know. Yeah, I think it's possible to
use a phone and drive safely. Yeah, I agree that most people can't
drive safely without a phone, let alone with one. I wish there were a
way to have laws that applied to everyone *but* me. They'd issue a
special card or something - the "not a bone head" card.)

bob
--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org