[thechat] recent evolt problems..

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Jun 21 02:53:51 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
To: <admin at lists.evolt.org>; <thelist at lists.evolt.org>;
<thechat at lists.evolt.org>; <thesite at lists.evolt.org>;
<themembers at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 6:42 AM
Subject: [thechat] recent evolt problems..

> hey folks -
>
> this is gonna be short and sweet..
>
> [evil]
>
> i'd just like to point out to this person that the log files you 'wiped
> out' just happened to also get spooled to a fucking printer. i've
> already got an ip and a more than helpful sys admin from your isp with
> radius logs in his hands.
> on the phone.
> right now.

Dan, it has come to my attention that you are, in fact, _the man_ :)

"spooled to a printer" - cool - very Clifford Stoll!

> apologies to everyone else for the downtime this evening, sorry it took
> so long(milaukee beervolt tonite), everything should be smurfy in the
> morning.

Dan, don't worry about it - you do a great job and i don't think you should
have to put up with the shit you do wrt m.e.o ... perhaps a sponsor system
would be best - to get an m.e.o account, you must be sponsored by an
existing member to get on - that's the way tardis is run -
http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/ - an excellent little compsci user community in
Edinburgh Uni ... just a thought :)

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___ @well.com  William Anderson www.well.com/~neuro
| '_ \ / _ \ | | | '__/ _ \  "The thing I love most about deadlines is the
|_| |_|\___|\__,_|_|  \___/        go past." - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)