[thechat] Quote of the day for June 28, 2001

Dave McLean dave at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 10:36:44 CDT 2001

"As young Americans, you have an important responsibility; which is to
 become good citizens."

"I hope you will continue to learn more about our wonderful country.
 School provides the right foundation so I urge you to study hard."

 - U.S. President George W. Bush, from a letter to a class of British
   11-year-olds at Oakhill College in Lancashire.  He was replying to a
   letter the students had sent to the geographically-challenged Bush
   congratulating him on his inauguration.  (Reuters news report, June
   21, 2001)