[thechat] I got 20 job mon. Advice to myself.

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 15:54:36 CDT 2001

>Another note about working in a library - there were basically 4 tasks:
>	-- shelving
>	-- reading
>	-- sorting
>	-- maintaining

Can I add to this list:
	-- customer service
	-- needs analysis

Library work was a fantastic crash course for me at around the same
age as Joe. You get to quickly master the fine art of being really
nice to incredibly stupid people -- or get sacked. 95% of punters
don't know what they want, but they do know what they don't want.
Sound like any other particular type of work?

At 12:56 PM -0700 5/7/01, Joe Crawford wrote:
>A sidenote: I was much cuter then - I look at my old nametag (I was
>coincidentally doing some late spring cleaning last weekend) and I was
>such a kid! It's really strange to think of my 18 year old self. I would
>love to go back in time and give myself some sage advice.

Used to be able to drink a lot more then too...

--
Andrew Forsberg
---