[thechat] the absinthiste

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 17:05:24 CDT 2001

>oh good lord.
>
>I just read this:
>http://thepander.co.nz/literature/werks/jdeboer2001.php
>
>oh my god.
>
>I knew poetry was dangerous, but oh my!

You only need to wander around a few University English departments
to find out just how dangerous it can be! :)

>(my favorite bit:)
>
>>There were grim doctors, a battery of tests, and they all came to
>>the same conclusion: epilepsy. They should have called it
>>absinthism, but they weren't the literary sort.
>
>oh my, oh my.
>
>fuckyourselfup.for.ART! dot com

I think (?) the essay is fictional ... the author, Jason, referred to
it as a 'creative essay' so it's pleasantly ambiguous. I keep meaning
to get some illustrations for that work too.

>Erika

Thanks Erika, I guess this is positive feedback.

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg