[thechat] What about the economy?

mantruc javier at msm.cl
Fri Jul 20 16:42:03 CDT 2001

i see economic crisis all arround

violence at the G-8 summit

in latin america, where i live:
Argentina in a massive crisis, with 70% of it's workers on riot,
Brasil going down with them, as the rest of south america
Chile (my country) is considered the most stable of the region
and we're not as well ase we were some years ago

USA is also having economy problems as i've read...

where i'm coming to:

i have the feeling that this in not just another crisis that is soon
going to end and we'll go back to the way it was 10 years ago, i feel
that it's a real crisis as in (crisis=change) where we're living a major
change in the economy (among other things) of the world
i've read several people who think this way from completely different
backgrounds, but my lousy memory doesn't let me quote them
but i can mention the concepts of the knowledge society, things like
that
i think the change will be for good, and in the future it will be more
important what you know and what your skills are than the size of your
bank account

i think that we're heading for another era
and the internet has been a key factor in this change

i'd like to know what you think, from different backgrounds
am i just crazy?

--
javier
http://mantruc.com