[thechat] What about the economy?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Jul 20 19:51:39 CDT 2001

Ron White wrote:
> Its my opinion that we are headed for an economic slowdown on the scale of
> the Great Depression of the 30's and the only thing that ended that was the
> increased military spending during WW2...
>
> Is the long dreaded WW3 only a few years away??? Sure hope not...

Perish the thought!

A world war would surely interfere with my overall enjoyment of the web.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>

and no, I don't think we're headed into a depression of the scale of
what was seen in the 30's. Malaise is more what we might expect. And
even that is not guaranteed. Part of "volatility" is that we really just
can't predict.