[thechat] What about the economy?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Jul 23 09:11:32 CDT 2001

not to start a holy war here :)

buttt.... they are dressed like that to deal with the tear gas, the more
extreme of them wear home made body armor to protect against rubber bullets.

and ya he was throwing a fire extinguisher at a police vehicle. a fully
armored, bullet proof, loaded with thugs carrying fully automatic
weapons police vehicle. did they shoot him cus the extinguisher put a
dent in their little assault vehicle?

i saw a picture of the scene(which they aren't showing on american TV
i've noticed..) and the cop has a handgun pointed at the guys head, and
the guy has the extinguisher still in his hand..

and doesn't it seem a little extreme to use deadly force(then run him
over a couple times just for good measure!!) on a guy who's going to
hurl an extinguisher at your vehicle?

ya, some of them are wack, but being lunatics doesn't mean you deserve
to be killed.. i mean, no one has bothered to ask why the hell all these
people are protesting in the first place..

:)