[thechat] What about the economy?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Jul 23 10:58:32 CDT 2001

At 10:43 AM 7/23/2001, you wrote:
>That's interesting, eh? Makes you wonder if they should re-evaluate their
>tactics. They didn't really get a solid message out; except that they were
>pissed.

That's been my problem since the beginning.  The following messages have
all been present (from this and Seattle and the others):

- We don't like big companies.
- We don't like big companies taking advantage of poor people.
- We don't like big companies trying to take over the world.
- We don't like economic disparity.
- Free Tibet/Kosovo/Kurdistan/Palestine.
- Stop the oppression of Tibetans/Kosovars/Kurds/Palestinians.
- Save the environment/whales/rain forests (Stop polluting, big companies.)
- Stop supporting big companies that pollute.
- Stop supporting countries that allow big companies to pollute.

Which are all noble ideas, but there is no central theme/rallying point
(except that companies suck, which isn't really a good one, especially
since we have to work for them).  But, there is a lot of anger in general,
so I guess that's enough for some people.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive