[thechat] What about the economy?

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Wed Jul 25 09:53:43 CDT 2001

> From: Martin <martin at members.evolt.org>

> But representative? And whose violence? And what
> happened to this 'democracy' that all 8 say they love
> so much.

Unfortunately, you don't have to go to the G-8 Summit, a protest, or
anywhere special to find that 'democracy' is an often poorly executed idea,
and that freedom is selective. You can find it right there in your own free,
democratic, society. Whichever one you live in.

My 'democracy' has a court-appointed leader, and police who kill people for
holding wallets while standing in their own doorway. Neato.

Insert your own country's failings here >   <

It's over 90° in my home-office today, so please excuse me while I go buy an
air-conditioner so that I might contribute to corporate profits and global
warming. Hey - as long as *i'm* cool...

matt