[thechat] Nursery pics

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 25 14:24:31 CDT 2001

Erika Meyer wrote on 25/7/01 6:07 pm

>>  > For those who care:
>>  > http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/dropbox/
>
>It's gorgeous.  You really are an artist at heart, aren't you.

I do try, but have to confess that the core palette was nicked
from Dulux.

>I love rooms painted like that: rich blocks of color juxtaposed
>like living in a Cezanne or Matisse....

Yup. Someone asked us if we'd painted it pink or blue, and
I retched. No-one, but no-one, is teaching our baby that
cute, frilly and pastel are the way to go.

Gimme *colour* dammit. Bold, yet not loud.

fwiw, here's the office at home, in the next room:
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/office.jpg
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/office2.jpg

very much like
http://members.evolt.org/martin/schemes/home.shtml?hiddendragon
http://members.evolt.org/martin/schemes/home.shtml?crouchingtiger

>Re: Star-shaped lamps: the best are handmade ones from recycled paper
>(made in US I think) ... there are some made in India ones that I've
>heard have been known to scorch...

Plastic from Ikea I'm afraid.

>btw WATCH OUT for Xmas lights and stuff like that:

+1 - all noted.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland