[thechat] What's in the wall ...

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Aug 8 02:47:27 CDT 2001

I'm working away here .. and suddenly realize the cats are both scratching
at the wall, and they start to make a lot of noise.  I didn't think anything
of it, and told them to shush, it's late, quit scratching the walls.

Well, it seems we have a friend that has somehow gotten in, probably through
the air conditioning vent.  I've taken off the cable vent, and have just
barely gotten a glipse of something.  It's attracted to the flashlight, but
I haven't been able to see exactly what it is in there.  It scurries and
scratches a lot.  The width of the wall is about 6 inches, so it can't be
too big to have fallen in between.

I'll now have to wait until morning when I can hopefully con the
superintendent to come and look at it.  I'm guessing we'll have to cut a
section of the wall out to set it free.

So, any guesses?  A bird, a bat, a mouse, a chipmunk?

Time to make a pot of coffee.. there is no way I'll get any sleep with this
*thing* in my house .. and with the cats literally and figuratively crawling
the walls.

Yuck, I hate mysterious things.

Michele