[thechat] What's in the wall ...

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Wed Aug 8 12:04:25 CDT 2001

when we lived in texas, starlings used to fly down the chimney into the
bedroom (if you can ever find a house with a fireplace in the master
bedroom, sell whatever you have to and buy it)

we had one flying around trying to assault me, for quite a while, with my
wife laughing hysterically as i jumped and dodged. suddenly, it
disappeared - i took a step back to get my bearings and see where it was,
and felt a *squish* under my right foot.

i killed that sock dead. (dirty socks go in the laundry, not on the floor,
dear)

the starling, however, was so startled by my jumping and screaming that it
went up the chimney again.

spinhead