[thechat] Sun, Linux offer help in MS-kids PC flap

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Aug 9 21:08:25 CDT 2001

> i was expecting sun to jump over this a lot earlier, actually. but good
> to see none the less :)

i wasn't expecting sun - just LUV or something.

> and wtf is with ms?? "Sorry, but we won't give you $200,000 worth of
> discontinued software, it's the uhhh..... economy"

weak, eh?

probably couldn't bear to have older stuff running (does nothing to help
their new stuff), and the old hardware wouldn't run new stuff.

there was something else on the news recently about debian being installed
for some other charity. the big spiel was about helping disadvantaged kids
pick up computer skills, but in the background they were all playing some
version of solitaire. ;)