[thechat] Quote of the day for September 5, 2001

Quote of the day editor quotationoftheday_request at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 5 13:42:46 CDT 2001

"So how do those who would protest get smart?  They need to organize
 in such a way that they can beat the police, and the media, at their
 own game.

"Every protester in my mind needs a video camera, and an online
 journal.  Eyes wide open, direct to the world - Media savvy.
 Documenting abuses by the police in realtime.  I truly believe, all
 evidence to the contrary, that the truth will out.  This is my
 manifesto - for those with real causes (that is, causes worth
 fighting for) media-savvy, nonviolent, hyper-protest.

"Think: McLuhan meets Gandhi."

 - Joe Crawford <http://artlung.com/> reflecting on the modern day