[thechat] Office Furniture

Kai Pahl kai at kaipahl.de
Thu Sep 6 09:33:40 CDT 2001

good idea!

>> How about mouses (mice? - mices? - pointer interfaces?  - thingys? -
>> trackballs?)
>>
>> I've tried many different kinds, but still have cramping in my fingers or
>> thumbs, depending on what breed I'm using.
>>
>> So what's everybody like to use?
>
> Personally I go for a Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical and a Wacom PenPartner
> tablet. No probs so far.

i think more important than the mouse, is the fact that you change your
position/grasp of the mouse, doing some tasks with the keyboard and so on.

the preference of a mouse is probably a personal choice, depending on the
hands you have.

best mouse i had so far, was a simple logitech wheelmouse. i changed to the
microsoft intellimouse explorer for the optical thing and to have more
buttons. the mouse is much more higher and someone has to get used to it,
but then it's okay

i got also the 4D mouse delivered with the wacom intous graphic tablet. much
more clumsy and the "wheel"-replacement is in my view to low, but YMMV.

i got some years ago some problem with my wrists during the workday, and i
used wristbands like tennis-cracks. improved the situation, but i don't need
them anymore.

bye
kai

--