[thechat] Office Furniture

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Thu Sep 6 10:25:08 CDT 2001

You need The Whale: :)
http://www.humanscale.com/products/workspace/mousing_specifications_index.html

...or maybe not...
"the subjects of Dr. Hedge's study reported that the mouse which caused the least stressful deflections -- the Whale mouse -- was also least comfortable. More than 50 percent of the users marked the Whale as "Uncomfortable or Very Uncomfortable" after using it."
http://peripherals.about.com/library/weekly/aa011500a.htm

...or nix the mouse all together and use your feet...
http://www.worklink.net/nohands.html

The Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer is also pretty beefy, with the added bonus of being optical (or as I like to describe it, laser-guided ;).  I wouldn't trade mine for the world (I have fairly big hands too.. Take note, ladies.. ;)
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/explorer.asp

They make a cordless version which I (possibly mistakenly) assume would be a little larger:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/cordless.asp