[thechat] Terrorist attack

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Tue Sep 11 10:38:16 CDT 2001

on 9/11/2001 8:27 AM, Ron White at ronwhite at members.evolt.org wrote:

> This is definitely the work of Osama bin Laden. Time to start bombing these
> assholes back beyond the Stone Age...

Let's be damn sure that we know what we're doing before we start
carpet-bombing everything in sight. I understand the sentiment, but you
gotta step back and start thinking with your brain.

Terrorism is designed to disrupt normal operations and mess with our ability
to make careful, reasoned decisions.

I should think that a violent response is appropriate - but let's just hold
our horses pending more information. This is too new, too fresh, and details
are too sketchy.

And moreover, there may be more to come on this sad day.

Let's be careful out there.

    - Joe Crawford <http://artlung.com/>