[thechat] Terrorist attack

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Sep 11 11:53:54 CDT 2001

>Killing people rarely ends violence.
>
>spinhead

bless you spinhead.

Violence is a monster that feeds on itself.

just last night my 5 year old daughter was so afraid "of floods" she
couldn't sleep.  I told her we live on a hill, and we didn't need to
worry about floods.  I told her I would always do my best to protect
her, that I couldn't do everything, but I would always try to protect
her.

"okay" she sniffed, and closed her eyes and held on to me tight.

she doesn't know the half of it.

she doesn't know her ancestors, including the little children, were
starved swindled raped enslaved and slaughtered in the efforts to
conquer the west

It isn't nature she needs to fear, but mankind.

That's just the way the world is, and it hasn't changed much in 150 years.

she's just a child like all children all over the world,
including those countries you guys are so eager to bomb.

slow down.
your violent impulses do nothing but make it all worse.

Erika