[thechat] TV via the PC

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Tue Sep 11 14:00:08 CDT 2001

With everything happening today and not having a television or cable service
in my office, I went to Best Buy and purchased a TV tuner card an a Jensen
amplified antenna.  The card works great, but the antenna is crap, and I
have to stand on one leg while touching my nose just to get a semi-quality
picture.
Has anyone used a TV Tuner card and antenna combo before?  Any good
amplified antenna recommendations out there?
Im in the center of the city (Tallahassee, Florida) and Im fairly certain I
can get at least a stable picture with the right kind of antenna; I just
dont know one from the other.
There's also an old Dish Network 18" dish on the roof of the building left
from the old tenants...can I hook up a coaxial cable to that and have it
used as an antenna?

Just trying to stay informed as much as possible. Thanks.

--Salvatore
---