[thechat] Palestinians

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Sep 11 15:40:13 CDT 2001

Ron White wrote on 11/9/01 9:14 pm

>I believe I was condemning the scum that were out celebrating

Celebrating what, Ron? What empirical evidence do you have that
the footage you probably saw was related in any way?

>in the streets and passing out candy.

So you'll join me in condemning anyone who celebrates a
retaliatory attack which kills or injures civilians?

And you'll also join me in condemning all those who felt joy at
the US attacks against:
*) Libya
*) Iraq
*) Iran
*) Bosnia
*) Albania
*) Serbia
*) Nicaragua
(off the top of my head - the list is much longer)
all of which killed substantive numbers of civilians.

>since the majority of you are artistic types

Me? Artistic? Thanks for the compliment, although it's
far from true. I also hear that the renowned leftie, Mr
Hitler, liked to put brush to canvas too.

> who naturally lean far left
>politically...

If 'leaning far left politically' means that I'm unable to call for
genocide, then colour me pink and call me Keir Hardie.

Oh, and fwiw, I'm pretty sure that we have a broad spread of
political opinions in evolt.

I'm also pretty certain that an escalatory circle of retaliatory
attacks would leave today's events look like a mild spanking.

It wouldn't have been *too* hard to put a nuke, say about the
size of the Hiroshima bomb, aboard one of those planes...

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland