[thechat] Palestinians

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Sep 12 10:38:10 CDT 2001

Ron White wrote on 12/9/01 12:24 pm

>	Martin you asked me a couple of weeks ago if there were things I was
>passionate about, I replied that if someone attacked me and mine you'd see
>plenty of emotion... Well, you did. If those people weren't celebrating the
>deaths of 20k+ of my fellow Americans, then they don't deserve to have a few
>Rockeyes dropped on them.

I repeat my question of yesterday - if any of your fellow Americans
celebrate a violent response, do you also want to bomb them and
call them scum? If you have any logical thought, the answer must
be 'yes'.

>	As for your list of "attacks" on Scotland: WW2 - declared war, you should
>expect your country to be attacked;

Just because the media didn't tell you that the US was at war with various
groups doesn't mean that the groups didn't see it that way.

>Lockerbie - how is an AMERICAN plane

Just because it was operated by an american airline doesn't
change the fact that a crime was committed in Scottish airspace
and landed on a Scottish town. BTW I drove the road it crashed
on about 2 hours before.

> some heretofore insignificant Scot town

Please engage your brain before being this insulting.

>The Irish catholic militias

Half of the groups I mentioned were Loyalists.

>- Seems to me they are just attacking the homeland of the invaders
>of their country since the majority of Irish Protestants are descended from
>Scots settled there by the English a few hundred years ago to help "pacify
>the papists".

This is insulting, Ron. If you're going to show off your historical
knowledge, please do so based on something other than Noraid propaganda.

By the same logic, it is justifiable to bomb anyone who has lived for
300 years in a land occupied by force. I can think of one prime example...

FWIW, if the same toll of deaths from the violence in NI were
exacted upon the US, you'd be looking at 10m+ deaths.

>	As for your list of "American" interventions:
*) The glorious conquest of Grenda when 6,000 US troops managed
    to overcome the resistance of several dozen Cubans and some Grendadan
    militiamen

*) Presenting the US as the aggrieved party and the Vietnamese as
   aggressors

*) Sponsoring an armed insurrection in Indonesia in 57/58,
   resulting in between 250k (CIA figures) and 1m (Amnesty
   figures) murdered civilians.

*) Blocking any condemnation of the mass slaughter of 10% of
   the population of East Timor in the first few weeks of that same
   US-backed regime's occupation

*) Providing what the CIA chief in East Timor described as a
    "Shooting list" of 5,000 civilians to the Indonesian Army

*) Invasions of Cuba (1898), Honduras (1905), Panama (1908)
    and Nicaragua (1909)

*) Training & supplying the Somoza military dictatorship in
    Nicaragua from 1937 until 1979, resulting in 50,000
    civilian deaths in the last year or so.

*) From 1979 until 1989 pursuing a policy of destabilisation
    in Nicaragua by supplying an insurgent army

*) Taking part in the torture in El Salvador of almost the entire
    membership of the non-governmental human rights commission

(bored of documenting them now - you get the idea)

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland