[thechat] Palestinians

Bill Haenel bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 11:57:15 CDT 2001

> It wouldn't have been *too* hard to put a nuke, say about the
> size of the Hiroshima bomb, aboard one of those planes...

Bite your tongue, Martin! The fact that further destruction was not
accomplished, and that this happened to us, the "spoiled" Americans does not
lessen impact of this tragedy.

> i think the whole 'west' needs to take some time to
> think about this without letting the media or
> questionable cultural values cloud the judgement.
>
> iris

You must be joking, iris. Screw the media. "Cloud the judgment"? I'm
watching the TV with the volume off and seeing an unknown number of friends
and family die at the hands of f**king crazy, suicidal barbarians who just
blew up the WTC in NYC and our nations defense center. My "cloudy judgment"
says that when so many people are purposely killed all at once so
symbolically and strategically, it's war. And if that isn't, then what is?
We don't need the media to know this. We can stand in the street and watch
first hand as the skyscrapers come down to know this.

As an 'Average American', I personally have no desire to send out anonymous
bombs to anonymous countries that are the homes of anonymous people so I can
sit anonymously here in my easy chair watching them 'pay' for what they
didn't do. Certainly random violence is not called for in this situation and
would definitely escalate an already bad situation.

But as a responsible human being, I can't sit idle and wait to find out if
we get a chance to talk it over all friendly-like with the criminals who did
this. When we know who's definitely responsible for this, I sincerely hope
we have the opportunity to make them personally feel the pain of our entire
nation, and of every other innocent they may have harmed before and in the
future.

I stand by Ron and the entirety of my fellow Americans (and hopefully the
rest of the world who could have been just as easily a target) when we say
that the people who did this, and their supporters/protectors, must be
stopped from ever doing anything like this to anyone, anywhere ever again.

When we've hit back successfully, when we defeat our enemy, I will not
celebrate in the streets, but rather despair that these actions have been
necessary, in spite of the fact that I'm just one of those foolish, barbaric
Americans who don't understand all of the terrible things I've done to those
around the world.

Save the list of our crimes as Americans for your weekly "USA-Sucks" meeting
downtown or whatever.

Christ, I'm just a web-guy. I didn't deserve this. I vote for what I believe
in and protest against what I don't, just like anyone who had the freedom to
do so would.

Yeah, I'm angry. I can't believe this happened and all that you people can
do is stand by and say we had it coming, and worse things have happened,
etc, etc. How selfish.

BH