[thechat] Palestinians

Bill bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 12:54:53 CDT 2001

> I'm sorry that it wasn't clear that what I was saying is that the US
> (actually
> most of the west) can't play the "We're the good guys so can bomb anyone
> we like" card. It's neither ethical nor logical.

I certainly hope that never happens, and am encouraged to have heard nothing
of the sort from any of our countries leaders since yesterdays events. We're
certainly no good guys, but you can't deny that we (or at least us little
people) think we're trying really hard. We are often mislead by those in
power to do things that we know are wrong, but that we are told are right.

> Most of those who were
> probably celebrating at yesteday's events are human too, and feel
> equally wronged. And until we see them as such, rather than as 'vermin'
> or 'scum', we do not rise above the level of terrorism ourselves.

As I said, we are often mislead, and that is sincerely what I hope anyone's
excuse is who celebrates death and destruction.

BH