[thechat] re: attacks

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Sep 12 13:31:05 CDT 2001

changing sub line as it doesn't reflect the current discussion.

>However, simplistic vengence is even less effective
>because it creates martyrs,.

I think this is part of the point of these attacks.

These guys were pretty well versed in human psychology.
That's how they got control of the planes in the first place.

It's one thing to find the perpetrators and prosecute them according
to international law.

It's another thing to lash back & catch innocent people in the
crossfire.  Then the perpetrators can point fingers and say: "We told
you those Americans were monsters.  And now you see we are right."