[thechat] re: attacks

Sean German seanmgerman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 15:05:55 CDT 2001

Howdy,

I may be asked to turn in my lurker ID card =)

Here's what I think of international law and the
community of nations.

Most of us heard about the recent UN conference on
racism.  And there certainly many bad things going on
in the world for such a conference to cover.

There are governments supporting slavery--not
unapologetic about slavery of centuries past, there
are places today with state-supported slavery--there
is slavery, countries attacking their own enahbitants
based on religion, based on tribe affiliation, based
on family history or ethnic origin.

There are countries where women are treated as
property.  There are countries where a man can commit
adultery with a woman, then kill that woman as an
adulterer, and still be in the letter and spirit of
local laws.

There is so much bad in the world, so much bad
supported and perpetrated by governments and members
of governments on the people they suppose to govern.

Yet the only country this UN conference felt it needed
to name was Israel.  Not the Sudan.  Not Iraq.  Not
even the US of A, with all our sins.  Not China.  Not
any of the various African countries where tribe has
turned on tribe, and deaths have been in the (hundreds
of?) thousands.

No.  The country singled out, the only country named
was Israel.  And you all stood by and let it happen.
The only countries whose representatives refused to
take part in this shame are Israel and the US of A.
You all should be ashamed of your representatives,
especially the European Union.  You should know
better.  Yes I know, some did negotiate to change the
language of the final resolution.

You should be embarrassed.  Racism on a global scale
took place before our eyes, attacks on the smallest of
nations, and some argued about the best places in the
back for a dagger or which blade cuts in a way to
cause the least amount of pain.

The whole world got together, under the guidance of
the UN, and decided the one bad thing in the world
that needs to be dealt with first is the existence of
the state of Israel.

I have no regard for your 'international law.'  It the
law of murderers and thieves.

I don't apologize.  I'm sorry, that's just the way I
am.  ;)

Sean G.