What do we do now? (was: RE: [thechat] Palestinians)

samiam at ns.linkfinity.net samiam at ns.linkfinity.net
Wed Sep 12 22:48:01 CDT 2001

(not quoting cos I'm in pine and I don't know how to delete that many
lines yet :)

I like your gist, we could take the networking metaphor full circle and
come up with peer2peer idea exchange; conversation ! :)
Seriously, talking these things through and encouraging perspective and
insight is probably one of the most valuable things we can do right now.

We could use a ranking system to let the good ideas bubble up and push
this out to a blog or web page somewhere. (he says, creating weeks of
slog, logic problems, concurrency issue, validation, authentication
etc.. with a wave of his hand)
Or we could let google rank for us and just publish the archives and
cross-link as appropriate. (did anyone ever look into the w3s jigsaw,
wasn't that built to handle this kind of collaborative
brainstorm->recommendation process?)

anyhow, I believe there are useful things we can do -- provide the
apparatus for fruitful debate and dissemination of ideas. That is after
all what we already do.

Sam