[thechat] Airlines

Bill bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 18:03:51 CDT 2001

I can't resist - I have to get into this...

Doesn't it seem a bit strange that we might blame corporations or whatever,
no matter how little they've considered passenger safety, for terrorism? I
know that terrorism exists and we need to take precautions, and they should
have already. But I kind of feel like blaming them is similar to blaming my
child for not wearing a helmet to school to protect him from the bully. Or
blaming the school when a kid sneaks a gun in one day and shoots someone.

Some personal responsibility is warranted here on the part of the perps. I
can't let them off yet.

The problems can certainly be helped with greater security, but this isn't
Ford and the Pinto  saving costs instead of fixing your product. It's FAA
and terrorists.

Fire away!

BH