[thechat] Airlines

Bill bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 19:10:54 CDT 2001

> 2. IMO marijuana is a medicinal herb and/or recreational drug, but is
> not 'dope.'

"You can call it what you want, but I call it messin' wit the kid"

> 3. Marijuana doesn't make people violent (ever been to a Greatful
> Dead concert?)

I was mauled by a "Dead-Bear" once at a 'Dead show.

> 5. Usually Horizon serves free local microbrews (or wines).
> (maybe that's what you meant by 'dope'?)

Excellent!

But seriously, I still remember there being lotsa passion up there. Many,
many causes. Always reminded me of where I am now (I also grew up here - if
I did indeed grow up) in the northern tip of NYS. This is where many people,
mostly unofficially labelled communists and hippies of sorts, came in the
early seventies to get away from the establishment (including some of my
family).

Now they all farm organically, operate their own hydroelectric mini-plants,
and run all the universities up here, which is mostly all that's here,
anyway. Sound familiar? It's truly one of the most beautiful, isolated
communities in America - except for Arcata, that is. Although, not so much
'dope'. ;-)

BH