[thechat] Chomsky, was Michael Moore's message

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Sep 15 04:32:16 CDT 2001

Erika Meyer wrote on 14/9/01 10:16 pm

>But Chomsky isn't as good at theatrics or sound-bites, and so has
>less of a popular appeal.

Maybe not theatrics, but he has some pretty nifty soundbites:

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war
American president would have been hanged"

"The freer the society the more well-honed and sophisticated
its system of thought control and indoctrination"

"There is an unpronceable 5-letter word in the United
States - 'class'."

"It's extremely important to make other people, the
rest of the population, believe that there's no
such thing as class. We're all just equal. We're all
Americans. We live in harmony. We all work together.
Everything is great."

Of course, it's far too easy to dismiss Chomsky because
he looks like Woody Allen...

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland