[thechat] Concrete actions

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Tue Sep 18 07:31:31 CDT 2001

Hi Judah,

Nicely stated!

[I don't think I'm convinced the ICJ has the balls or the inclination to
actually get anything done ... but overall I like what you've written.]

I would add to that my hope to also install some checks and balances to
prevent our covert ops organizations from going too far astray ... [I don't
want to hear about the CIA selling heroin to finance their operations ...
again, okay?]

I particularly agree with the need for cultural and educational measures.
[Okay - I agree with it as an adjunct to military operations rather than a
substitute... but that's a start!]  If we leave some wanna-be terrorists
bleeding in the sand ... well ... then maybe we've won a battle.  If we make
these wanna-bes more interested in whiter teeth and fresher breath ... more
concerned about getting home from their day job in time to watch 'Wild Women
of Wrestling' on the tube than in building bombs ... more excited about next
week's top 10 music video countdown than hardline religious tracts ... well
.... then we 'own them' ... and we'll have won the war.

Culteral Subversion ... an American Experience!

RonL.