[thechat] "I guess we'll buy them"

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Tue Sep 18 15:55:42 CDT 2001

Hi Joe!

I like it.

{I'm sure we could always use a new source for myrrh and lapis lazuli.}

Although ... I have to admit that your suggestion DOES conjure up
unpleasant flashbacks to an upbringing in a certain religious tradition
in which young students (as I once was) were exhorted to bring in money
to support the overseas missions....  Students who brought in total of
$5 were allowed to name their pagan baby. ...  Fortunately, I never had
the cash ... I'd a called mine "Trigger".

<fast-forward>
Hey Joe!  I've got my $5 now!!  Can I rename a Taliban minister?
</ff>

Question - If they become a "State" can we pick which Senators to export
to them?  Can we, huh, can we?

RonL.