[thechat] "I guess we'll buy them"

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Sep 18 19:06:59 CDT 2001

>Believe me, if I'd seen someone with some cogent realistic
>analysis that's a win-win all around I'd be forwarding the FUCK out of
>it. Spread the good memes, I'll say.
>
>But there isn't any yet. Red cross donations maybe. Blood drives (have
>you given yet?) Calls to prevent violence on Arab-Americans.

this is what I'm not understanding.

In all the media you've been exposed to, all the discussions you've
engaged in,you haven't heard any analysis of value?  Or just on the
Internet?

You haven't bothered to counter specific arguments, you just discount
everyone else's attempts to get a handle on things with one big
sweeping generalization.

As for me, I've heard a lot of interesting POV's on the web and off,
and I have learned a great deal.

The thoughtfulness, reflection, and intelligent exchange of ideas is
what keeps me from despair.  But I'm not looking for nor expecting an
"easy" answer.

I'm just trying to decide how I personally am going to respond to the
current state of affairs.  It's important to me that I respond in a
way that is consistent with my beliefs and values.

Discussions such as this are helpful to me as I make decisions about
my life, my lifestyle, my personal response.

Erika