[thechat] People named as hijackers actually alive

Bruce Heerssen bruce at heerssen.com
Wed Sep 19 13:01:19 CDT 2001

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

>I really, really, hope that there's more certain evidence than this not in
>the public domain, as this standard of proof would convict Tony Blair,
>David Letterman and Kermit the Frog.

While I do not have much faith in the motives of any government, I think
it is heartening to hear that the U.S. gov't is not simply pouncing on
Iraq and accusing them of complicity in this attack, despite the reports
that the terrorist called Atta had apparently had a meeting with a
member of the Iraqi gov't in Germany last year.

The news services are quick to point out that the fact of a meeting does
not imply complicity because we do not know the substance of that
meeting. Maybe Iraq refused help. Maybe not. Maybe the substance of the
meeting was entirely unrelated to the attacks. Who knows?

There is hope yet....

-Bruce