[thechat] "I guess we'll buy them"

Sean German seanmgerman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 21:34:58 CDT 2001

--- deke  <web at master.gen.in.us> wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2001, at 12:36, Sean German posted a
> message which said:

<snip>

> > 2.  We insist Israel give equal right to
> > everyone...but Jews can't own land?  If you ever
> > wonder if Jews overreact to antisemitism, re-read
> that
> > statement.  Your idea of "equal rights to
> everyone" is
> > equal right to everyone BUT Jews?
>
> That's not what I said.

You then go on to explain how everyone but Jews would
be able to buy land in what is now Israel.

Whatever your rational, whatever system you have
worked out, you are saying everyone would have equal
rights, except Jews would not have rights equal to
everyone else.

<snip>

> It's also a fairly well-educated, high-income
> country. Those
> are the people who move from city to city over here
> for
> employment; you don't often see punch press
> operators in
> Wisconsin getting transferred to Michigan.

Huh?  Are you trying to argue Israelis should move to
America or Americans should move to Israel?  Why would
want to destroy a country whose populace is
"well-educated, high-income" and whose government is
representative as well??  Perhaps you miss the point.

The point is not to pay off one group to stop
fighting, or paying one group to move away from their
enemies.  The point is to provide stimulus ($ for
infrastructure) to grow the local economy so folks
don't WANT to die for Allah or Jerry or anyone.

Even if you did move all the Jews to Mars, Afghanis
would still be dirt poor, Saddam would still gas the
Kurds, Sunnis would fight the Sikhs.  So you've struck
upon a plan that is not only impossible to carry out,
but doesn't address any of the issues central to the
discussion.

> deke

If you think everything else I say is rubish, and I
should spare my keyboard the punishment of conveying
my thoughts, please try to take away one message.
When you say "equal rights to everyone" but single out
Jews for exception--no matter how slight or well
intentioned that exception may be--your message is not
part of the solution.  And some people might say if
you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
problem.

Sean G.