[thechat] What can WE do?

Bill bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Thu Sep 20 08:49:00 CDT 2001

> >> Our 'weapons' are the the Internet, the web, our voices, our bodies,
> >> acoustic guitars. ;-)
>
> >Unfortunately, although these tools may make -you- feel good, they
> >won't stop
> >people bent on getting their point across with acts of violence against
> >a civilian population.
>
> Which acts of violence against a civilian population do you mean? Those
> of whoever was behind last Tuesday's attacks, or the urge to carpet
> bomb Afghanistan..?
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Ah si, señor - we are never far from the opportunity to turn the blame
around, are we?

Yes, we are equally to blame for the evils of the world - as equally as any
other human population. In fact, I think if we all think VERY VERY
objectively, we can see that we're all to blame. ALL MUST LEARN TO PLAY THE
PIANO. Now that we know this, let's accept it and get on with things. The
wheel is already turning. It will never, ever stop. It's some kind of
natural law. Humans are as territorial as dogs. We will always do this stuff
to each other. STAR TREK WAS WRONG - WE'LL NEVER LEARN. That being said,
someone has to "win". Who's it gonna be? Us or them? Who's gonna die first?
Let's put in on Pay-per-view. Who's gonna call Don King? Tell him to get his
hairdo ready, we're settin' up for a war here, and we want it televised!
YAHOO! Bring on the JOHN WAYNE! YIPPEE! Gimme something to argue and fight
about! I need more!!!

!!!
!!!!!!

??*#@?!!!???

All sarcasm and academic bickering aside now, I've had enough of this. This
shit sucks and I want to go back to my ignorant slumber of peace and
shopping, then wake up and find that it was a nightmare. I want to go back
to work and think about Microsoft and Wal-Mart and Urban Sprawl Cigarettes
and Booze. But that's never going to happen, is it? We're stuck with it,
right? Just as everyone else was stuck with it before us. Now fucking what?
Read the subject line. It doesn't say "Who can WE blame?" or "Who's RIGHT?".
It says "What can WE do?", which is what we should all be focused on, from
here to 360 degrees from here. Somebody, please, give me some answers.

BH