[thechat] missing lyrics in 'this land is your land' ?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Sep 20 17:58:22 CDT 2001

Joe Crawford wrote on 20/9/01 11:18 pm

>> >(If you ever get a chance to hear Arlo cover 'This
>> >Land Is Your Land,' where he sings the verses you don't learn in school,
>> >you'll hear a very different perspective on who owns what, and whose 'land'
>> >is whose.)
>>
>> Interesting that Bush used it as his campaign song, but didn't play
>> those verses...
>
>Huh? Wha? I want to know more about this...

Read it some time back in a piece about Billy Bragg
(http://www.billybragg.co.uk/)'s recording of a lot
of Woody's unrecorded stuff.

Google searching shows my memory to be faulty, that I'm
probably thinking of Pat Buchanan who made it one of
the themes of his candidacy announcement speech.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland