[thechat] making this more personal [was: What can WE do?]

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Sep 21 01:27:40 CDT 2001

isaac wrote on 21/9/01 8:20 am

>> The first problem is that our language/culture doesn't have a word for
>> this.  "War" is our first choice.  We need one like "Jihad".
>
>Fuck. "Jihad" is the last word you need...

Depends on how you understand it. For a long time 'Jihad's strongest
connotation was "Rightous Struggle", which would be applied to
things like dieting, or being nice to someone you didn't actually
like.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland