[thechat] name of Operation Infinite Justice to be changed

Bill Haenel bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Fri Sep 21 10:10:31 CDT 2001

> I have friends who spent WWII in prison because 'they weren't with US.'
> Neutrality during wartime was viewed as sedition. If this war
> really happens
> and my 20-year-old son DOESN'T end up in prison for his refusal to go to
> war, I'll be very surprised. Human nature and the political
> machine haven't
> changed that much in 50 years.
>
> spinhead

If your 20-year-old son goes to prison for refusing to go to war, it
probably will be the result of dodging a draft. If there's a draft, things
have gotten pretty ugly. Let's all hope to God that it never, ever comes to
a point that requires a draft - not just because drafting sucks, but because
the nature and extent of a war that would require one would really, really
suck. Do you think Americans would tolerate it? Do you think our allies
would tolerate it? I don't know, but I sure hope not.

BH