[thechat] name of Operation Infinite Justice to be changed

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Sep 21 17:59:38 CDT 2001

Okay, true.  However, should the "draft is good" (or more likely,
"draft is necessary") message go out, all the pieces will be in place
first so that we will be ready to be sold that bill of goods.

Vietnam was justified as a "fight for freedom."  It was all
rationalized.  Didn't we learn in school that America was about
freedom, that freedom is a great thing, and anyone who is against
freedom is bad and evil?

Yes, I agree that there will be great resistance to a draft, or any
use of ground troops for that matter.  That doesn't mean it won't
happen.  But because there will be resistance it will be less likely
to happen... or less likely to happen right away...

But you know, the word "sacrifices" has been used already.

But it's hard to see how a "global war" is going to be kept small.
Baby steps, and more baby steps, and soon you find yourself in deeper
than you ever expected to get, and now things escalate... what do you
do?  Run away?

There is a reason why men are required to register with selective service.

Erika