[thechat] the internet war?

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 04:57:55 CDT 2001

--- isaac <isaac at members.evolt.org> wrote:
> But who do you know that can afford to dump their
> job temporarily, risk
> their life to fly over to Afghanistan, get into the
> action, and then get the
> info back out onto their personal weblog? You lose
> $x00 per week in pay,
> $x000 for the flights, accommodation costs, etc. You

it's not really necessary for someone to fly over
there, just listen to the voices coming from there.
did anybody read the email from the afghan women's
group pleading for peace?  i'm sure there's loads more
like that out there, we just need to turn off CNN for
a while and try listening to something else.  just
like during the kosova war, we don't need to sent
reporters there, all the real news came from people
inside.

iris

=====