[thechat] Excellent analysis article

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Sep 26 13:34:32 CDT 2001

Strategic Forcasting magazine has put out an interesting set of articles
(with more to come) that do a very good job analyzing the options available
to the United States in the wake of the 9/11 attack.

This article, part II of the series, focuses on the Afghan theater of
operations.

http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109252150.htm

One point I found very interesting was that the U.S. has never fought a war
in a land-locked country.  It made me get out my world map and take a
closer look.  And I can definitely say that the area around Afghanistan is
not a friendly neighborhood for the United States.

Judah