[thechat] animals

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Fri Sep 28 15:52:34 CDT 2001

Hi Joel,

"Candygram?"

Ya know, pal ... it's an internet world [soooo ... "all your address are
belong to us!"] ... but I know ya really don't want a Rock python.
Maybe a nice Dumeril's ... or a Carpet ... a Burmese ... an Indian ...
or even a lovely Diamond ... but not a Rock ... or a Blood or ... (ick)
... a Retic!

[Ooooo!  But if some of our Kiwi pals could break about 10,000 of their
draconian animal transport laws and mail us up some 'Black-Headed'
and/or Womas!!  Yum!  {big money - big money}  ... <sigh> ... Just
kidding! (Not about the $$ though - the little girls used to go for
about $10,000 -- $8,000 for the little boys!)]

Hmmm ... there's another lovely Australian python that lives in the
trees - fabulous irridescence ... can't remember the proper name - it'll
come to me after I hit "send", but the natives know it as "face-biter"
... so the disposition is a tad "iffy" ... but Dang ... they sure are
pretty!

I used to make some people very very nervous by reminding them that
rattlesnakes can be had (with proper connections of course) for as
little as  $20 a pop.

Naturally ... you have to realize that's for one of the "ugly" ones! ...
but it's still pretty reasonable!

;-)

Actually ... snakes "mail" very very well!  [That poikilothermic {gotta
love that word - pronounce it with a Curly Neal accent} metabolism keeps
their oxygen requirements pretty low.]  Fish are often mailed too - but
that's a fair bit trickier.

RonL.

I once saw 'A Fish Called Wanda' - does that count?