[thechat] Car Value Question?

Bruce Heerssen bruce at heerssen.com
Tue Oct 2 12:36:18 CDT 2001

Luther, Ron wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I know there are some 4-wheeled 'hardware' wizards out here.
>
> Got a question for you.
>
> My soon-to-be son-in-law is thinking about selling his "project car" - a
> '63 Ford Thunderbird.  (It was a gift from his grandmother - so he only
> has 'time and materials' invested in it.)
>
> Any guess as to what he should ask for it?

Well, without knowing some more info such as whether or not it is a
convertible, has air conditioning, exact model, etc...

<wrap alert>
http://www.nadaguides.com/ValueReport.asp?UserID=053EA394C56&DID=37166&Type=DM&GCode=CC&wPg=1107&wSec=2&Com=0034&Year=1963&Model=07003400807
</wrap alert>

Keep in mind that prices vary widely based upon location, condition of
car, etc, etc, but this might give you a rough feel for it. There are
four models of tbirds for that year, so be sure to check out the right
one. The url above links to my best guess as to the model.

Regards,

-Bruce

P.S. - For some reason, the user id in the url above seems to be
important. Not using it results in less info about the car. But not to
worry, I don't have an account at that site so you can't affect me at
all by using it.