[thechat] Jedi Knight now an official religion in the UK...

Jesus G. Gorriti Jesus.Gorriti at iconmedialab.es
Tue Oct 9 04:37:07 CDT 2001

> What? With a name like Jesus? <shock> :O

I know I know :) every time I go to a foreign
country I get weird looks at me. :)

> I'm an atheist too, but some people are agnostic. The
> agnostic accepts the
> possibility that god exists, but believes that it is
> impossible to verify it.

Used to be agnostic. Not anymore.

Bruce wrote:
> heh, I just love semantics ;0

I don't. Specially when speaking english.
Bloody language of yours.

> I suppose so... but the real issue for me is that scientific method and
> western religion have a basic and mutually exclusive conflict. Western
> religions state that the existance of God is to be taken on faith and
> the scientific method says that only that which can be proved to exist,
> or can be shown to have a preponderance of evidence indicating it's
> existence, can be said to actually exist.

An old teacher of mine (thermodinamics) explained the
existance of god through the maximum entropy concept.

I stopped listening in the moment he used "faith" as part of his
explanation. :)

And, from my point of view, the issue is not which religion you are
but which are the rules that guide your life. That is: I may be
atheist, but my morals are christian. Which, at the end, are just
based in the "show respect for eveyone else" rule.

Blah. Is too damn early.

/Jesús