[thechat] Coronado bay bridge (was: Time travel exists)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Oct 11 18:32:35 CDT 2001

spinhead wrote:
> 'sbeen years since I saw the underside of the bridge. As I recall, on the
> last occasion my father and I were being swamped in his little sailboat by a
> big navy behemoth. Looking at the pics on that page, I could still here him
> yelling "You're gonna have to bail faster than THAT!"

Well, it's still here. :-) Come on down!

I actually can walk out the office here and see the top of the arc of
the bridge.

It apparently was designed to, in the event of attack, easily be cleared
from the harbor (the bridge segments float or something?) to allow
ingress and egress of the warships.

I really *do* need to listen to some Digital Underground.

	- joe "talking a lot, but not saying anything" c. <http://artlung.com/>