[thechat] best flash ever

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Mon Oct 15 14:15:25 CDT 2001

>>it's a shame the flash detection script fails for mac IE 5. :-(
>>

>Interesting...
>
>It works fine for IE 5.1 for MacOS X.
>
>I wonder what is going on there.
>
>bob

nononononooo, Dave corrected me on this already. Me == BAD. :(

I had a screwed up installation of Flash, which has been doing some
really strange things lately. Like causing certain conditional action
scripts to fail (don't ask, really weird client request for a flash
'game' which I happily outsourced). My problem was a combination of a
crash-prone IE 5 install (not the software, the system is rather
crash prone at the moment), old flash 4 plugins, and more than likely
some corrupted preference files.

Apologies for jumping to blame the detection script. Bad Andrew. Bad.

:)

--
Andrew Forsberg
---