[thechat] Mac question

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 17 02:57:03 CDT 2001

> >Often the mac guys here in the office get files that will refuse
> to open in *anything*.
> It's broken.

How is that an excuse?

Once it happens (and it does), there is no way without a third party
application or plug-in to to get the file open by default (or even open at
all!).

On a PC, I can drag the file straight to whichever application I'd like, or
reassign the default with a right-click.

Like I said, neither OS has a perfectly intelligent or flexible method of
dealing with file types, but Macs do nothing for their renowned "ease of
use" when it can become impossible to open even the simplest of text/HTML
files.