[thechat] Mac question

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Wed Oct 17 03:12:56 CDT 2001

>  >you wouldn't have applications
>>refusing to even try opening a file because it wasn't the "owner" of the
>>file.
>
>That's only the case if the Mac in question has been seriously screwed
>or if the filetype is way out (like opening text files with Photoshop)

Sorry Martin. That's just not true. I've lost count of the number of
times a simple text-only file will *not* open in text editors because
the Mac OS (pre OS X) thinks it's binary.

>  >Often the mac guys here in the office get files that will refuse to open in
>>*anything*.
>
>It's broken.

Nope. A text file is a text file is a text file.

Macs are good, but this is a real problem with the OS.

--
Andrew Forsberg
---