[thechat] Mac question

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 17 08:37:01 CDT 2001

On 10/17/01 2:08, isaac wrote:

> One day I'll find someone around here (the office) who's managed to use
> Force Quit to quit an application, and not hang the system...

First off, I didn't pick the signature.  Outlook Express did.

Secondly, I force quit apps all the time and hang the machine about 40% of
the time. I'm taking delivery of my Power Mac G4 QuickSilver (nice design eh
isaac?) today and intend to make the switch to OS X.1 fully.  I will more
than likely still use my OS9 apps though only the ones that work in Carbon
mode, but I will be using as much as possible in X. Less crashing and more
graceful force quits.

-d
ps. I'm serious!  I didn't pick the sig.  Mind of its own I tell ya.
"Technically, Windows is an `operating system,' which means that it
 supplies your computer with the basic commands that it needs to
 suddenly, with no warning whatsoever, stop operating. "

       Pullitzer-Prize winning humour columnist Dave Barry